I'm taking a break from making my first pair of socks to bring you this movie review. For the record I full expect this first pair to suck completely. However I had some soft, thin pink yarn that seamed perfect for the project. the yarn was purchased to make a hat and booties for some of the super cute babies that my friends have had. But I never got the yarn to my grandmother , and she's much more proficient at knitting than I.
I digress. On to the movies. On some of these movies we're quite behind the times. On others we're pretty close to them having been recently released. I'll start with ...
LOST - yeah, it's not a movie, but we've been sucked into the vortex that is the Island. If you watch it then it goes with out saying this is the best show ever. If you don't watch it, this is the best show ever. If you've never heard of it, you need to climb out of your hole in the ground and turn on the tv! Or well, go here and start watching! (if you are running linux you won't be able to load the plug in, the tools at ABC haven't gotten off their rear ends to create one. Though, they made one for mac, it isn't too hard to go from Mac to linux....lazy bums)
Next up we have Mission Impossible 3 - (like i said way behind the times) what a waste of good CGI, and horrible acting. I'm sorry Tom, but you're losing it. You certainly aren't the Ethan you were in '96. BUT, if we're just going for guns and action, it's slightly tolerable. I'm honestly surprised we watched the entire thing, but they started the movie in such a way that makes you need to see the end. Bastards.
Vantage Point - Now, this one wasn't too bad, the constant time rewinds in the beginning are a bit over kill, it would have been better if they had just faded to black rather than rewinding. We have Matthew Fox (also in Lost ;) ) and Dennis Quaid. Call me cooky, but I adore Dennis. And Forest Whitaker ... and as my husband says "Forest Whitaker is a God" and if you see, or have seen this movie, you will know why. I'd recommend this one, good action, fair story line.
Iron Man - was...... a...... Marvel Action Flick It's no Spiderman, but well... ok, I wasn't all that impressed, the end sucked, and I really don't want to waste time on Iron Man 2. But seeing as I have a 6 yr old son, I'll have to watch this one again at some point, no doubt leading to any sequels there may be. I was bored with the final fight scene, and the 2nd half of the movie was pretty predictable. IE, my son will love it.
Don't Mess With the Zohan - don't waste your time? Adam Sandler is running out of enough funny to last an entire 90 minutes. Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison had me cracking up the first few times. I think I might have giggled twice during Zohan. Wait for the DVD, and rent it, don't spend the $28 bucks at the theater. Way too much sex, sex talk, innuendo, and none of it was really funny.
Dan in Real Life - alright this one was pretty cute. Not a lot of funny ha- ha, but I enjoyed watching. I'll watch it again when it comes on TV. Single widower father, meets a really nice woman, then goes to enjoy his (extended family) vacation ... but this is where the 'trouble' starts. I think my favorite part was the shower scene!
Charlie Wilsons War - Easy to see why Charlie fought so hard to get things done. And at the same time a little scary at how easy it seemed to be. Based on a true story, I think this movie is a good one for anyone to see. I'm a pretty big Tom Hanks fan, and even watched Cast Away twice (I don't know how, maybe I like him more than I thought.) My only complaint was the end. It was sort of a stunted ending. But a fantastic quote at the end
"These things happened. They were glorious and they changed the world...
...and then we fucked up the end game." - Charlie Wilson
Juno - Pretty cute flick, I'm glad I finally saw it. Juno's step mother really won my heart, but I already love Allison Janney, I've loved her since The West Wing but she really steps up for her step daughter. I could only hope I'd be so supportive. Of course, I hope it never happens that way here.
Balls of Fury - Do - not - waste - the -time - or - money - to - see - this - 'film'.
we've got a couple more movies we'll be watching soon. Evan Almighty, Fantastic Four 2, Jumper, and I think one or two others. :)
(happy Jill? xoxoxox ;) )
No comments:
Post a Comment