Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Garden

Here is the garden! Please excuse the massive mess I made while preparing/planting. I was too tired to clean it up for days! (And some things are still out of place! LOL)


As you can see it's small, but we got some stuff in there :)







In the back corner are the watermelon, and just in front of that are the cucumbers (or "pickle plants" as my kids call them, they're excited about pickles!)



The scrawny lookin things in the front there, cauliflower... it's pitaful and probably getting pulled next weekend.

Behind that a semi-circle of tomatos, with one larger tomato plant in the center. The large bushes are blueberry :)

Back right corner - green bell peppers, in front of that, green okra.

Hidden - front right and left corners are the strawberries. Also hidden - directly in the center back, jalapeƱo peppers.

Here is a better shot of the okra, I know there are a few in each, which is fine. I was expecting more to die after I planted it..











So those were all from planting weekend June 13th I believe, yep. Everything went in on the 12th and pics were taken on the 13th.


And here are some pictures I took this past Saturday.












Watermelon
Cucumbers
Strawberries (these have thorns!!)





Tomatos :)
Blueberries

From the back








That's it for now! :) I'll add some close up shots of some of the flowers and fruit next time :)

2 comments:

Catballou24 said...

oh it all looks so good...great job my dear!! definitely looking forward to following it's progression..:)

love ya!

Autumn said...

Thanks :)

We just put in more dirt yesterday, another 4 bags, I think everything has enough now...I hope!!

We have 1 new tomato and tons of cuke blooms!