Friday, February 12, 2010

*sigh*

I have so missed having something worthwhile to blog about. I don't seem to have the time/focus to crochet anything new. My garden sits out there looking like rubbish. No really, complete rubbish! But I spread some bird seed in it and at least get to enjoy some tiny little birds hopping around.

I've started planning this years garden, and I'm going to be BUILDING A BOX!!! YES!!!

That's right! My mother, (Thanks Mom!!) has acquired two wooden pallets from her office for me to rip apart and build a box. I'm so excited! I can't wait for it to warm up so I can go pick them up and start the deconstruction, and then I can make the actual plans.

I have "carefully" selected the seeds I will be starting this year, and have already decided that I will be going back to the Ladd's Farm supply store to pick up the tomato plants. That's where I bought the one last year that we loved the maters from. I'll do my best to retain some of those seeds this year, like I should have last year. Only last year the ones we ate, we ate! There were more little green maters we were expecting to make it.

But truth be told, we just need a deeper garden to work with.

The majority of my seeds this year though are for flowers! I will NOT be direct sewing them again though. I bought 2 of the large starter kits last year, along with a bag of 'refils' for the little peet/dirt thing. I will have flowers this spring!!!!

No comments: