Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mid August Jacket Update and some 'bling'

I have started on the sleeves.

I am a bit worried though, the sides don't seem to match up perfectly. Not much I can do, and so long as it isn't super obvious when it sew it together, I don't really care all that much. It's for me!



But I'm still worried :( AND .... I have used 4.5 skeins to date! And need more! I don't think I'll be able to finish sleeve 1 with the current skein, and obviously need 2 sleeves....still need the belt, and the sewing and the edging.

This thing is HEAVY! I love it!!

In other news I have a beautiful new piece of jewelery!



It is a tigers eye with a Tree of Life etched into it, and painted silver. I absolutely adore it!

(vanity alert)
I also love my hair. I started doing something different, when it's still pretty wet from my shower, I'll put a squirt of gel in my hand, then run a bit of water over that, rub my hands through my hair, but not the top of my head and let dry. It dries in it's 'natural wavy state' and if while it's drying I do some 'scrunching' I get a slightly more curly look to it.

if I want to wear it down, it's pretty much do this or straighten it for me to like it. And this is a bit easier/quicker, so it will just depend on my mood I guess :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

when you block your pieces before sewing them, you should be able to shape them into the right sizes..;) i think it's going to be gorgeous!! i'm so proud of you..:D