Monday, March 9, 2009

Time for Spring!

Well, the new car appears to NOT have A/C oh well, at least I can put all the windows down, and cool off the car faster than the van would cool off. Not that I haven't figured out how to live with no A/C, but I was still hopeful.

This weekend was absolutely gorgeous! On Saturday we went down to see my mom and brother for a few minutes, then it was off to the in-laws. The kids were outside all day. The exception being when they went in side to eat the yummy *and HUGE* strawberries, and the juicy blueberries that my in-laws picked up. They each had 5 or 6 strawberries and 3-4 handfuls of blueberries.

I got to sit on the front porch steps with my sisters (in-law) and mom (in-law) while the kids played out back with FIL and their daddy. Swinging and sliding! They were a mess! We were there for so long we didn't have time to go to the grocery store, we came home and deposited the sleeping children in their beds. We actually went to bed early too.

Yesterday, I went for my run and a shower while the kids got to play outside, so they had about 2 hours to enjoy another beautiful day. Then we finally made it to the grocery store. I got some seeds for flowers too! I just need some more soil and a few tools and another week!! I'm excited to figure out where to plant my veggies and fruits, and of course to get started! We're about a week away from our "planting zone" and I'm itching to start priming the land!

Today I'm going to get the tag for my new car, and then probably up to Target for a little tiny shopping trip, followed by a visit to the library! How I miss the library! I have a couple things I want to look at as far as knitting, cooking and gardening books. And of course Kate is going to head straight for her favorite puzzle and be attached to it for however long we're there!!

And it's another beautiful day! I am looking forward to my errands, and cleaning my house, and then tomorrow I get to run!

No comments: