Monday, March 2, 2009

Cold Weather projects

I couldn't get out of the house for almost 2 weeks to run. Between not feeling well myself, and then trying to get enough food in me for 2 days before getting back out there. I got 3 runs in, I think, before the rain came on Friday. And it started around 9:30. As it rained it got cooler. I opted out of running on Friday. Saturday I had some plans to visit a friend, and then head over to my favorite 2nd hand store and get a new pair of jeans and maybe a top or two. *just got a pair of jeans, and a nice pair of sweat pants. The sweats will be used for running, lounging and pj's, so very versatile*

On Sunday it was still raining, with a chance of snow, very windy and rapidly dropping temperatures. Today, yes it's very cold, yes, it should reach 34. No, 34 isn't bad. but the wind....sucks for running.

I have 2 projects in the works right now. I'm working on finishing a sock for the husband, and a hat for myself. And then I'll be making my Sister-in-Law another Flappy :) She loves the flappy I made her for Christmas, and has requested another. She went through my yarn stash yesterday and found some colors she would want in there, so yay! That not only thins down the stash a bit, but it also keeps me from searching forever for the right yarns! If the yarn I have doesn't work out I now have the right colors to look for! Which makes it easier :)

And, I got a new car! It's not NEW by any means, but it's MINE. Once I have the tag I'll have free reign again! I'm so happy. I can go to the grocery store by myself if I want. I can take the kids out to my grandmothers and go swimming. Or to their grandparents for visits. I can go to the consignment sale later this month, and the consignment stores when summer approaches for more summery cloths. I can take donations of old clothes and house hold items to the Goodwill trailer. (I have a LOT of clothes that I need to purge!!!)

I can consider accepting more doula clients, I can attend my friends childbirth classes. I really do want to take some more births so I can attend a CBE training and get the ball rolling there, but I need to make the money first. CBE training is expensive!! So keep your fingers crossed that I can pull that one off.


No new pictures at this time. I'll keep clicking and see if I can manage to take some worth putting up soon!

In the mean time you can all jump up and down with me! My dear friend Carrie is coming out to Atlanta in April!!!!! I'm so thrilled! She'll be here Friday afternoon-Sunday afternoon, and gets to stay here with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just need to get Jill and Cat, and others out here, or I need to go out there! I've never been to Texas or Oregon. Then again, I've never been to Illinois either ;) I"M SO EXCITED!!!

No comments: