Thursday, November 13, 2008

neglect

I have been neglecting my sister in laws hat. It's goofy looking right now, but mostly complete. I may need to rework the crown entirely :( Thankfully it didn't take very long. Maybe just ripping back some rows will do it. I just need to keep an eye on my stitch count. (Figures, I have removed all the stitch markers marking new rounds!!!)

I worked up a pair of mittens, very simple pattern, could have finished both in 2-3 hours.

I have also been attempting to use Yarn Bee 'Frosting' to create a pair of socks for myself. I've used Yarn Bee before, but not "Frosting" just "Cameo". I think I may ditch the effort as I have yet (out of 3 tries) to manage not to increase, or decrease the number of stitches of the cuff (the starting point of the pattern I like). And to make matters worse, when trying to pull back stitches, the yarn snaps (I seem to have this problem a lot actually)

So tomorrow, I start on a pair of socks for my Mother in Law. It's the Cameo yarn, so I shouldn't have (much of a) problem with the stitches.

I need to upload some pictures, and need to take some pictures of the yarn.

On a side note - *warning political*

I have avoided the political discussion since I got into it this year, but I am very proud to have voted this year. Four years ago, I did vote for President Bush, as I did 8 years ago. However, this is the first time I have felt I was NOT chosing 'the lesser of two evils' and I gotta tell you, it feels great to have such confidence in our President-Elect. I look forward to the next four years, and am very hopeful for our country. So, Congratulations President- Elect Barack Obama! I'm proud to say that I voted for you!

2 comments:

Mrs Shew said...

Pictures woman, seriously need pics of this hat! Oh, and a big crap, I didn't know I'd been tagged (bag over head).

Autumn said...

LOL yep, tagged ya.

I'm working on pictures. the computer isn't recognizing the camera at the moment. I'll work on it before ER. :D