With out further ado....
Mittens crocheted , the cuffs are a bit too short for Kate, so I'm going to attempt to add some length to them.
She likes to show them off :)
and the blue stripped piece was SUPPOSED to be my first stripped sock. Well, I made the cuffs to skinny so now they're arm warmers.
Cushy socks for a certain family member :)
And finally, THE HAT. I followed the pattern on this to a "t" however, when I pieced the brim with the dome the first time, the brim nearly covered my entire nose!!!! So I pulled back as much of the dome as I could and it worked ok. It's supposed to be that low, plus the recipient has a larger head than I do. The ear flaps seem small, but they work, and the braids were fun!! I'm going to redo the pom pom, the one pictured is not attached, however I'm going to attempt to make a larger one.
I had to use my son to get a good pick of the top/back of the hat. Maybe I'll post more after Christmas.
1 comment:
oh i love them!!!!! and the socks look cozy...okay, you've sold me on crocheting some for me..LOL
Post a Comment