While not as cold as many of my friends, it is very cold. Yesterday, Friday, when I went out to run, it was 29*
I had on 2 pair of pants, a long sleeve turtle neck shirt, a t-shirt. Knee high socks, which are too thin to wear in my sneakers with out blistering, so I put on a pair of ankle socks too. Then my (crocheted by me) hat (which has my head phones pinned to it, so my ears stay warm and my hat stays on!) AND fleece gloves.
Unfortunately it was still too cold, my knees were not into running. I ended up walking briskly through my neighborhood, so I managed to stay perfectly warm. However, the wind began to blow on my last stretch, and the insides of my elbows was freezing (what an odd place?!). Made me wish I liked hot tea, I would have had a cup as soon as I walked in the door.
Today is supposed to hit 40. I might go out today. Sunday is supposed to be wet, but 40 and wet. I'd rather go today and rest when it's raining. Sunday is also my measurement day. EEK!
If I don't see any improvement I will wait another 2 weeks before I measure again. I'd like to increase the difficulty of my Yoga during my running days off. So I'll be crafting a new schedule.
Running and Easy Yoga (along with a few crunches and push ups)
*add slightly more difficult yoga on the day I don't run*
Running and Easy Yoga (plus crunches and push ups)
*yoga*
Running and Easy Yoga (crunches push ups)
and so on.
We'll see what tomorrow holds. My husband said to me on Thursday that he'd been able to SEE a difference and that just thrills me. :D Gave me even more reason to keep moving. I'm dying to fit into my clothes, and I will be over the moon if I can comfortably wear my shorts this summer. Last summer they weren't as comfortable as they had been the previous summer.
And I will not be buying more clothes. I LIKE my "skinny shorts" (they're 7's and 8's, but that's my usual size) and I HATE my 'fat jeans'. I will not buy bigger shorts. (and my legs look like hell right now so that doesn't matter so much yet ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment