Monday, January 12, 2009

yay! results!

on January 4th I posted about the fat. I also said I would be doing something about it. well here ya go.

I have been doing interval training. A very good friend of mine, Nichole, has been doing this as well with great results. Encouraging enough for ME to actually want to try it. It's running. I hate running. But, I have been getting out there almost every other day (almost because I had one rain day which kept me from running one day).

On the rainy day I chose to do Winsor Pilates instead. Interval Training for those who aren't googling ;) Is running for a block of time, then walking. If you google you can find a better decription. You do this every other day. I have chosen to follow my body and jog/run for as long as my body feels able, then I walk until I'm feeling rested enough to run again. I set small goals and aim for landmarks. I do my best to make it with in a few strides, and have done rather well.

On my days off from running I try to do Hatha Yoga, it's easy ground work and designed for relaxation.

As my body becomes used to the running and yoga and my weight/inches loss declines and plateaus I will be adding the Winsor Pilaties in as my 'running day off' work out' and adding the yoga to the running days before my run (I did this once last week and loved it.)

Alright, on to the results. I took my first measurements on 1/4/2009 and my second on 1/11/2009

After 8 days:

biceps - minus 1.5 inches
chest - minus 1.75 inches
waist - minus .5 inches
hips - minus 1.62 inches
thigh - minus 1.5 inches

I am just thrilled!! Hopefully this summer will still see me getting some of this done, either in the morning or just as it's getting dark, I do not handle heat well. (nor cold for that matter, but it's easier to get warm running than it is to keep from over heating) And I would love to add swimming to my routine, even if it is only for a few weeks while the pools are open.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

woohoo!!!! way to go my darling!!!! you are encouraging me to get off my butt and get out there now...hehe good work..:)