Monday, January 12, 2009

knitting!

well, thanks to my darling friend Cat I have managed to master the purl stitch and am off to knitting land :) Also a thanks to Carrie for helping me find a pattern for a hat done on straights (my choices in needles is much smaller compared my choices in hooks) and I did manage to knit a hat in about 4 days. I only failed to make it long enough, but it still worked out. It fits my head, but doesn't cover my ears. the decreases are good looking and it's not pointed making me look like cone head. :) I am very happy with it. I did drop a few stitches but that gives me the chance to work out how to repair a dropped stitch with out ripping the garment back (because I hate trying to pick up the stitches with knitting. too many!! I much prefer pulling back crochet, just one loop to worry about.

Once I have a proper computer back I will have tons of pictures to upload and I will try to get some taken of the hat before I add on the crocheted bottom (going ot use crochet to make it long enough) Then I'll be finding another color yarn somewhere in my stash to make the same hat again lol.

Ok, that's two blog posts for the day, and it's 9 am, time for breakfast!!!

No comments: