Friday, January 30, 2009

oh how lovely

It's like knitting with silk!! And it's NOT the yarn! I'm using some acrylic yarn to play around with patterns and new skills for knitting. My very dear friend Cat send me several sets of knitting needles, and DPN's and one of the neatest crochet hooks I've ever seen. I can't wait to use it.

Anyway, there are 3 sets of bamboo needles, and oh my god, they're lovely! I love love love them!!! Even this acrylic yarn is just knitting beautifully! And I'm not really even making anything just a large swatch really. Oh so nice!

Thank you again my friend <3


Last weekend I picked up a few skeins of acrylic. One has turned into arm/wrist warmers, I crocheted them up quickly last Saturday/Sunday. Another skein is going to be 'practice socks' that I'm making for the hubby. Once I find the 'right' yarn for his house slipper-socks I want to have made a pair that big! LOL The 3rd skein was just a red skein, I needed it to make my little brothers hat, and I needed it on hand just in case my sister in laws pom pom comes off her hat. I had to secure the pom pom last week she wears it so much!!

And that same sister in law is coming over this weekend, and I might actually get to teach her to crochet this time :) She seemed genuinly interested in it last weekend when she was here. SO I have started a small square for her.

Anyway, not much else going on, just cleaning, and trying to run (though my knees hurt :( ) and knitting, crocheting, and kiddie care :) Such is life!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are very welcome!!! love ya sis!

oh, and you've been awarded!

http://amlofarms.blogspot.com/