I'm starting first with my grandmother, and making her a pair of socks for her birthday. My darling son, Jack, helped me choose the yarn for making these socks and then excitedly asked for a pair for him!! (:D) I told him, of course, that I would be happy to make him a pair. He wants the same yarn, however, it's very soft, and potentially slippery on hardwood floors. Grandma has carpet, so I think they'll be perfect slipper socks for her this winter! At least I hope so. Here are some previews..
Here are the first 2 or 3 rows, with my brand new Addi hook. I love this hook, it's lighter than the Boye. I haven't found a hook I refuse to reuse, so I don't know if that's saying a whole lot. As you can see this yarn has some 'eyelash' to it. This adds an extra layer of difficulty, as it can be hard to see the loop...So, a row may take me 5 minutes to complete because I have to keep searching for one or two of the loops. Makes me really concentrate on tension because the tighter it is, the harder it is to find it. (learned that on my gauge swatch)
Here are my current 'in work' projects. The sock, you can see I only have part of the ankle finished, and my jacket piece is getting big enough to pile into my lap. It's interesting to crochet on something for so long.
And check out the new hook!! It's a Susan Bates with a bamboo handle......nice :)
Here is another pic, taken Monday of the progress on the sweater...not sure I like the way the colors are working out....
So...I'm half way considering ripping back a couple inches, and where the 2nd skein starts...just starting at a different color. I don't need to duplicate the first zig-zag like patterning, but I'm not all that wild about the near straight columns.
No comments:
Post a Comment