Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Projects

Well, kinda.

I'm still working on my jacket. But I've given myself until my birthday to complete it (for those who don't know, that's in October). So, I'm allowing myself to work on other things.

I'd probably be burnt out on the jacket by now anyway. So, I started off by creating a bright yellow pair of shorts, made of acrylic for a baby doll. I made the socks for my grandmother (and August 3 can not get here fast enough!!! I may wait until the 4th so that we're not driving over there on a weekend, and might be able to use the pool. And a few days ago I started another diaper cover. I'm hoping I have enough wool left to make a pair of newborn/small longies. We shall see. These are for donation for World Breastfeeding Week and the 4th birthday of GBN. They're holding an auction for donations and I thought this would bring in a little money. Well, I hope it will.

I need to snap some pictures of the jacket piece and the WIP longies (WIP=work in progress for those who don't know).

I'm also working on a little 'business card' to go next to the piece for local custom orders. I've got the text I want, font, but need a picture. So...I think when I'm finished with these, if in time. I'll gather some nature and make some pretty pictures on my pretty floor (gotta use it while I've still got it) . Leaves, flowers, ect. And *then* wash and block.

In other news it's going to be stupid hot today, so I need to get started, or finished folding laundry so I can put them away, and start all over with that.

No comments: