Monday, July 14, 2008

The Impossible Yarn, and Progress

First things first....that damn near impossible yarn!! I had intended on using my new Addi size "H" hook to make these, but it just wasn't the right fit. So I tried several swatches, not usually getting any 'taller' than an inch, with about 5 different hooks. Finally, I decided I needed to use the Susan Bates hook I'd bought to continue my jacket. Whatever works. However, the yarn, those swatches, all 'wasted' yarn. I could not pull back any of this yarn. I might get a half row (so less than 6 inches of yarn) back. I bought 2 skeins, and I used almost all of them to make these socks. *le sigh*

BUT, here they are!!!


And modeled, they look so much better on the foot than off the foot.


And here is the jacket, I finally got the length I wanted, around 22" and have started the 'shaping the arm holes' portion. I've got to go 9" on this section, and I'm nearly there. Once the next step begins to 'take shape' I'll publish another picture.
Interesting patterns in the colors there...not sure how I feel about that. But this is nearly 2 skeins (see that little ball off to the left, yep, that's what's left of a 5 oz skein. This thing is gonna be heavy! Of course, it'll also be really warm!

So, any thoughts?

No comments: