........ and that isn't always a good thing. Introducing the new Birth Tracker!
That's right ladies you too could have your very own, cervical AND fetal heart tones monitor device hooked right up to your very sensitive, vascular, dilating cervix along with that pin in your unborn infants head!!!
I'm sorry, I know sarcasm isn't going to help anyone here, but this product just leaves me so incredibly flabbergasted and well, down right pissed off!! I've HAD a medicalized birth and let me tell you, it's no picnic!! I did manage to refuse the internal fetal monitor and internal pressure catheter. I did not however avoid being stuck in a bed for the duration. Being in a bed, unable to really get in any kind of effective position, or really move about to relieve a bit of pain is so detrimental to the entire process. This just adds another element of suppression, regression and FEAR.
I just keep typing and deleting, I'm too worked up STILL to post about this. And I've know about it for weeks (it seems)
*sigh* just know that I am afraid of the potential to destroy more births, more mother/infant bonding, and lead to more unnecessary c-sections.
Good night, and Good Luck
No comments:
Post a Comment