Monday, July 28, 2008

I don't wanna clean!!

Well, today is the big day. Grandma is at the hospital, waiting. No doubt being poked and prodded for her pre-op.

I'll start cleaning around noon, that's when the surgery is scheduled for. I have a lot to do though, starting with a quick shower, and the I need to just start throwing stuff away. As much as possible out of the kitchen. I saw a bug in there last night. God I detest bugs!!!! Ugh, so disgusting, makes me feel horrible all over. Like I need to scrub with bleach in scalding water. But I'll save that for what I'm cleaning. Not the bleach and scalding water, but the scrubbing. I don't need such a scrubbing, and regular shower will do ;)

I'm making myself take a break from crocheting today. The only thing I'm allowed to do is help the longies dry via the cool setting on my hair dryer. I really really need them in the mail tomorrow.

And the hat I made yesterday, oh man, I wish I was going to have a baby I could put that on. It's so stinkin cute!!! Hopefully someone at the picnic will like it and make some bids. I'll be adapting the pattern for my kids among my many queued projects. I've got about 20 things "in the wings" that I want to get done. I do have my priorities though. I need to finish my sweater, and I need to make one for Kate, her winter coat isn't going to fit this year. We've got a wool coat for her, so for the crazy cold days she'll have that to wear over whatever I make her, but in the mean time, I'm either making a pull over, a hoodie, or a button closed sweater.

*sigh* So.... today,

  • shower
  • empty dishwasher
  • load dishwasher (wait until it's full to run it)
  • empty all cabinets throw away stuff I don't need
  • super clean kitchen
  • kitchen table
  • take out the trash
  • kids bathroom (trash, sweep, tub, toilet, counter, sink, floor)
  • put away clean laundry
  • run the last load of laundry
  • figure out where on earth to put the huge bean bags
  • do something with the empty dresser that's been hanging out in the living room
  • vacuum kids rooms
So I've got a ton of stuff to do, and that isn't all of it. I really really really want to get a ton of stuff together for the consignment sale, AND put a bunch more of our storage bins in the crawlspace. I'm so freaking sick of any kind of clutter.

I think it'd be easier if we were packing stuff and loading it on a truck to move, I'd really be able to get rid of stuff then. I wanna rent a dumpster! I don't think we'd fill it, but then I would have the excuse that "the trash can is full"

ok, enough blabing, I gotta figure out something to do between now and when the hubs gets up.

No comments: