I bought this beautiful yarn from a friend of mine, a few weeks back. She, and a bunch of my other friends have a Congo on Hyena Cart. I was lucky enough to enter a lottery and won this beautifully hand dyed Peace Fleece . I couldn't decide what to make with it, and I've already made 2 hats. So I chose to attempt a pair of shorts. I haven't been able to read a pattern so I decided to 'wing it' and for not following any kind of pattern I think I did pretty dang good. They're too poofy in the body, and one leg is 1 row shorter than the other, but still. And the way the colors came together is pretty cool!

And I've 'cast on' or 'chained on' for my 2nd pair of shorts. I'm planning to do color work, so here in a bit I'm going to go get the other color and work that in. I did this part last night, around 11, or I would have kept going. This time I am following a pattern though :) At least, loosly.

More pictures as I continue working. Probably when I decide I'm done with the next leg I'll snap another, and then when I'm done with the 2nd leg, I'll post an update.
School starts back on Monday, and then it's 39 days until Summer! AAACCKK!!! I need to start planning some summer activities. Something to get out and do, between decluttering and packing. The kids go stir crazy quick, and it's been sunny ONE day of Spring Break. And that day was chilly.
No comments:
Post a Comment