I gotta say though, there are some amazing babies being born recently!! 6 babies in since November, 3 more earlier in '07. AND one friend is still pg, and 2 more are recently pg, due this fall. I have such baby lust it's not even funny. My uterus tingles. I want to have a little 2 yr old tantrum and shout I WANNA BE PREGNANT TOO!!! Cause I do! I want to be pregnant....I do not want another kid. Sad huh?? I wonder how dh feels now about me being a surrogate? I guess not many people would want a bipolar surrogate though huh? Not that there is really anything wrong with me, but as it stands, I'm on medication I wouldn't want to take while pregnant with any child, and not ready to be med free. So I'll wait. Hey, I'm young, maybe it'll happen. But I'm one of those extremely freakish women who (once the pukey feeling has gone away) really LOVES being pregnant! And, yes, it gets worse, I love labor and birth. I haven't felt nearly as alive or accomplished as I did when I was in labor, and immediately following the births of my children.
Heart pounding, all the endorphins rushing through my body, I won't go on about it. The baby factory is closed, and the baby lust will dissipate between now and the Autumn births, and then it'll come back. Hopefully by then I'll have had my hands on a newborn for a little while!
In other news, there are only 38...37 days until the last day of school. Lord help me. I have GOT to find some activities for us to do. At least 3 things we can do every week, rain or shine activities. That are out of the house. I know we'll hit up the library as often as possible. I mean, the boy can read, and I don't want him getting behind in his reading. We'll have to swim, have to, didn't do enough last year, and since the girl can swim, I need to teach the boy how to swim. Poor thing swims like a rock. So, I'll be looking for a kick board, and a better floatie type device for when he's just wanting to kick around the pool (sturdy ring, not the $ store one). And I probably need to get the girl another set of arm floaties. I'd like a new swim suit, but I'll wait and save up for one that keeps 'the girls' in.
Alright, I know you're just DYING to see this pair of shorties I've been working on..right?? They are almost finished, I just need to do the ribbing for the waist and a drawstring. Which I will probably finish today. They fit on one of my bears LOL, I doubt they'd fit on a real baby. Anyway, here ya go, this is in Cascade 220, in the Ladybugz Farm Honeysuckle pattern.
Here is leg 1, gusset and the first part of leg 2
.And here we have legs stitched together.

Here we have the body.

They're so freaking tiny!!! I'm about to go work on the ribbing now. Notice how the legs are at funky angles. Not sure what happened there. But oh well. each time I joined a round row, there is a hole from my slip stitch. I've been told how to prevent that now. And you can see by the end of each leg that my tension is a bit off on that first chain compared to the rest of it. And actually the tension on each leg is different. One is looser than the other. Ah well...it's one of those things I gotta learn. I'm just proud of myself for getting this far. I made a 2 hats this winter, the first was a mess, the 2nd turned out nicely. Then I made another for my daughter in another stitch, and then moved on to 'from my head' shorts. Now I'm following a pattern. Yeah, I'm pretty proud of myself :D


No comments:
Post a Comment