If you look back I've already made myself a crochet hat out of a funky colorway I bought on Hyena Cart. Now I've finished a hat for my daughter. It was just going to be practice for the double crochet, but she saw it and asked me to make it for her.
Here is where it was when she saw it.

That was Saturday around 7pm. And here she is on Monday modeling her hat for me.

I just love this girls hair!! It's so soft, she has perfect natural highlights, and those curls!!! Oh man, I can hardly keep my hands off her hair at all times. If she walks by me, I can be caught putting my fingers in the curls, but I never pull them like I'm brushing with my fingers. I scrunch them together in my hand because they're so soft!!Ok, enough going on about my baby's hair.
I pre-wrote yesterday's entry because the kids had a dentist appointment at 10:30, across town. It's amazing the things we do for our kids. I detest the dentist, I can't remember good experiences. SO I take mine to a place called Children's Dentistry. They've got a little play house in the waiting room, the walls are painted a jungle theme. And there are about 6 game consoles, 3 LCD 'big' screens and 4 regular tv's. And that's just the waiting room. there are no toys. They don't need them. The kids are content to watch a movie, play a game, or run around with each other and make a racket in the 'house'.
Then you get called back. Your first stop is the x-rays! The little one only held the thing between her front teeth and had those done. The boy had to bite one for each side of his mouth. He hates them. The last 2 times I've had to hold on to him to get this done. But as soon as it's over, he's happy to be there again. We now notice that the theme has changed, we are now under water! They have really gone all out on these walls folks! There are two huge fish tanks, and dolphins on the walls, even a turtle on the ceiling near the "ship wrecked" room (which is where they put the kids who have an x-ray melt down when it's time for their cleaning....we had to go in there last time LOL) . they have about 4 open areas each with 4 or 6 chairs for cleanings. Each of my kids climbed into the chair, the boy layed back, the girl sat up. She's 2.5 she was nervous. Both hygienists took the time to show my kids the scrubber and let them choose their flavor (they have quite a few, they both chose bubble gum) My son had to have some gunk scraped off and then they were polished with the scrubber. By the time he was started on that, they were done scrubbing my daughters teeth. She did amazing. Just sat there with her mouth open at the right times. wow. After her scrubbing, they flossed her teeth, and then looked at all of them. By now they were finishing up with the scrubbing of my sons teeth, and the girl was having hers brushed. The boy was flossed and brushed, and it was off to wait for the dentist! This is when we get to sit in the hallway with the orca whales. (and a LCD screen...which I think i forgot to mention, from every cleaning chair, you can see a tv...yep, pretty neat) It only takes a few minutes, and then we're called into a room. They have J's (my son) xray up, and the dentist is ready to check him out. She pokes each tooth, and then says "looks good mom, no cavities, see you in a couple years for orthodontics" Yep, we'll see you in 6 months, and then again in a few years for that. yay. And his 6 yr molars are coming in nicely. She recommended a sealant for his teeth to help prevent cavities, and then moved on to K (my daughter) and commented on how 'cute' her 2 yr molars are! another "looks good mom...does she suck her thumb?" nope, a pacifier "ok, well, she's got time, but it's already starting" yeah, I know...our goal is by Christmas to have it gone. It's gonna be FUN!!
No comments:
Post a Comment