Sunday, April 27, 2008

the meaning of 'weekend'

as defined by ME.

1. a time to get things done around the house, when one has an extra set of hands from the working husband, and the older child is home from school to entertain the younger child.
2. a time to spend together as a family, outside in good weather, inside in poor weather.
3. A TIME TO NOT HAVE TO WAKE UP AT THE ASS CRACK OF DAWN.

Yeah. 6 am, bright and early, "mommy!" it's my 2 year old. Now, don't get me wrong, she's the cutest little girl on the face of the earth. However, cute as she may be, I do not want to get up at 6 am to see her. I can wait until 7 or even 8. Enter said child's room, get her to lay back down. I am sitting on the floor, and lay my head on her bed. She isn't moving. I'm taking this as a good sign..maybe she's going back to sleep. Nope. She sits up and asks to "get out". sorry, but it's not time to 'get out' yet. So i go lay with her. I think here I get another 5 minutes of sleep. Then, she uses her newest talent, of flipping the light switch. But then won't turn it off.

In the end we leave her room at 6:30. she needed to go potty. She then watched 10 minutes of tv before having a cold bagel with a thin layer of cream cheese for breakfast. Now, I like to think I have mastered the 'art of dozing' which I have been practicing for just over 3 years. It involves not falling asleep all the way, by paying attention to what's on PBS. My son plays along great, always has. My daughter, she's learning. Learning to keep me from getting any sort of rest doing it. As soon as I'm to the point where, if I stay there for 15 minutes, I actually get a little rest. And if I can get in two or three 15 minute spurts, then I'm pretty much "good" until around 1 pm. And from there on out, if I'm not moving, I'm falling asleep. Yeah, so I start to doze "I hungry" (she's just eaten breakfast), "I need go potty" (this one is ok), "I want my drink" (you have your 'stay cold' cup with milk in it. drink that. "It all gone" (*shakes cup* hmm nope, there are at least 5 swallows in there)

And to top it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll off.





















My coffee pot is broken. It will not do anything when I flip it on, except light up that stupid on off switch. Damn it, I don't need a small orange/red glow. I need hot water, so I can put my crappy instant coffee mix in it, and get some hot caffeine in me!!! LIKE NOW DAMN IT!!!

I wasn't wanting to go to the store today. I was actually wanting to change the oil, oil filter, and pull the tires off the van so my husband can replace the breaks. (He's home on disability, so he can do these things now, but because his back is so bad, he needs my help, which is fine, I don't mind. But when it's raining, and I wasn't planning on going anywhere, AND, I don't have any freaking coffee!!!! NOT COOL. At least the microwave works, but I swear it doesn't taste the same.

No comments: